Command and Control (C2) systems are complex and difficult to train with. Either you train someone on a “live” system and risk destroying real data or interfering with operations, or you train on a “non-live” system where the C2 system is disconnected or off-line. The problem with training off-line is that the C2 system does not provide realistic feedback to the user or realistic types and quantities of information. Information flow, or HOW the system is used in a realistic situation is at least as important as knowing which button to press in the C2 application. An off-line system is boring to train on and may teach bad habits to the students because of a lack of realistic data.
To address these issues, MILSIM and EDMSIM have been successfully integrated with US, Canadian and NATO Command and Control systems to provide stimulated track data as well as message traffic. This enables:
- C2 Classroom Training. Operator training can be conducted in a classroom environment on a simulated “live” system providing operational context to the training.
- Operations Center Training. Operations Centers and Headquarters staff can train on their systems without having to deploy actual units and vehicles to the field.
- Trials & Evaluations. Trials and evaluations of C2 systems can be conducted using a realistic volume of track data and message traffic to ensure the performance of the system.
Features & Benefits
- Low Overhead and Portable. C2 systems can be fed realistic training data from single laptop thus providing a low overhead and portable stimulation capability.
- High Entity Count. Our simulations can inject the movement track data from thousands of vehicle entities from a single laptop.
- Military Message Traffic. Message traffic can be injected into the system in a variety of different formats. Message injects can be time-based or geographically triggered
- Joint/Theatre Level Injects. Air/Land/Sea entity tracks can be generated across a theatre-level map screen enabling the simulation of Joint systems.
- Multiple Input Feeds. The master station can have a number of substations representing lower headquarters
- Dynamic or Canned Traffic. Message and entity track data can be adjusted on-the-fly to react to the training audience actions or “canned” traffic can be used for a consistent input for evaluations and testing.
©2003-2012 C4i Consultants Inc.. All rights reserved. Trademarks provided under license from C4i Consultants Inc.
Other product and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Errors and omissions excepted.
C4i Inc. materials are copyrighted. Please request permission to use software, images or text.