Prepare for the Unthinkable!
EDMSIM (Emergency and Disaster Management Simulation) is an emergency response and crisis rehearsal training system that uniquely combines simulation with a fully integrated messaging system that can be used as a Master Scenario Events List (MSEL) tool. EDMSIM provides more realistic input to the Operations Center and allows the exercise to be more dynamic and free-flowing than traditional training methods.
- EDMSIM is a highly flexible training system to train leaders and their staff at local, regional, national and joint operations centres
- EDMSIM is purpose-built for training all organizations involved in emergency and disaster response, public health and safety, capacity building and low intensity conflicts (eg. Military, Reserves/National Guard, police, fire, EMS, border services, and public health agencies)
- EDMSIM replaces the current table top exercises that rely on paper Master Scenario Events Lists (MSELs).
- EDMSIM has been highly rated by the US military for the conduct of Capacity Building, Domestic Operations and Contingency Response training.
- EDMSIM has been used by the US Army, US National Guard, Centers for Disease Control and NATO for the conduct of training exercises.
EDMSIM includes an advanced map engine and robust database than enables training exercises to range from the international, to the federal, state or county/municipal level.
Features & Benefits
- Inter-agency Operations. EDMSIM exercises are scalable so that training can be conducted at a local, regional or higher level. All agencies responding to an event can be modelled.
- Contingency Plan and Procedure Validation. EDMSIM training enables the implementation and validation of previously prepared procedures and contingency plans. The Operations Center staff operates within the same venue and with the same resources as during an actual crisis. During the training event, problems noted with plans and procedures can be highlighted during the post exercise review and modified.
- Post Exercise Review. EDMSIM provides replay of the simulation from any perspective and allows significant events to be highlighted. User defined reports can be generated detailing information on damage, casualties and logistic consumption.
- Complexity Recognition. EDMSIM allows for multiple incidents to occur at once or in a series. Incidents can occur at pre-defined times or on the command of the exercise controllers. Multiple incidents increase the complexity of the exercise and compel the primary training audience to allocate resources effectively.
- Resource Management. All of the resources available for use during the exercise scenario are imported into the EDMSIM database as part of the scenario creation process. As in real life, the Operations Center staff must allocate and manage these resources during the course of the exercise.
- Simple To Operate
The software was designed from the outset to be operated by first responders with basic computer skills. With two hours of simulation instruction, the first responders learn to operate the simulation stations.
- Low Cost & Easy Maintenance
EDMSIM does not require expensive computer operators or lengthy MSEL lists. The computer dynamically generates the MSEL during the simulation, therefore only a shorter script is required. Once data is entered in the system it can be re-used on subsequent exercises. The database is created through simple to use forms and is easy to control and maintain.
©2003-2012 C4i Consultants Inc.. All rights reserved. Trademarks provided under license from C4i Consultants Inc.
Other product and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Errors and omissions excepted.
C4i Inc. materials are copyrighted. Please request permission to use software, images or text.