Energy and ERPs
Simulation and simulators of different types have been used in the Energy industry for many years for a variety of uses, from production, to pipeline inspection, to reservoir visualization. Constructive simulation technology brings a cost effective, real-time, dynamic and visual tool that greatly improves the way we approach emergencies, safety and training within the Energy industry. One of the challenges with paper-based Emergency Response Plans (ERPs) is that they are documents that can be difficult to understand and even more difficult to apply in an emergency. “A digital picture is worth a thousand words”.
An emergency response plan, re-created digitally, will significantly reduce the amount of time and effort required to assemble and execute a table top ERP exercise. A constructive simulation tool for ERPs allows Corporate Emergency Operations Centre (CEOC) staff and Regional Emergency Operations Centre (REOC) personnel the ability to manage a digitally-created emergency response plan through simple on-screen menus or dash boards.
How can a constructive simulation tool be used within the energy industry?
- Emergency Response Plan Preparation
- Validation of the ERP with MEMP and RHA’s
- Annual update of ERPs, done digitally, for continuity and currency
- Digital Safety Training Briefings
- After Action Review (AAR) feature that allows for playback of the simulation for corrective training purposes
- Digital “table top exercises” verses manpower intensive and time-consuming manual exercises
- Digital record keeping for incident and exercise records
©2003-2012 C4i Consultants Inc.. All rights reserved. Trademarks provided under license from C4i Consultants Inc.
Other product and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Errors and omissions excepted.
C4i Inc. materials are copyrighted. Please request permission to use software, images or text.