ePlan-GIS is a constructive simulation GIS tool that can significantly reduce the amount of time, cost and effort required to assemble and execute a table top ERP exercise. Corporate and Regional ERP’s along with municipal emergency management plans (MEMP’s) can all be integrated within ePlan-GIS.
ePlan-GIS allows Corporate Emergency Operations Center (CEOC) staff and Regional Emergency Operations Centre (REOC) personnel the ability to manage a digitally re-created ERP through simple on-screen menus or dash boards.
How ePlan-GIS is used within the energy industry?
- Emergency Response Plan Preparation - Digital “table top exercises”
- Validation of the ERP with MEMP and RHA’s
- Annual update of ERP’s, done digitally, for continuity and currency
- Digital Safety Training Briefings
- After Action Review (AAR) feature that allows for playback for corrective training purposes
- Digital record keeping for incident and exercise records
Emergency Response Plan Preparation
Imagine a single tool that allows you to plan, design, test, prepare, practice and train for nearly any type of emergency, any contingency, in any sort of environmental conditions. ePlan-GIS is capable of doing all this and more. This digital ERP tool can capture your emergency response plan in a dynamic and coordinated electronic “document”, in much the same way that GIS is useful as a centre point for gathering, displaying and understanding geographic data. A “Digital Emergency Response Plan”, ePlan-GIS, will allow you to gather and input the data once and then use it many times thereafter.
Managing Table Top ERP Exercises
ePlan-GIS establishes communication and coordination procedures for mobilizing response personnel and agencies. This is accomplished through simple on-screen menus or dash boards coordinating the activities of industry responders, emergency services, local authorities, Provincial Health Services, government departments and all agencies that have a key role in providing an effective response. ePlan-GIS can re-create ERP’s and provide a more cost effective management tool compared to manpower intensive, time consuming and costly table top exercises. Additionally, ePlan-GIS will provide a play back feature, After Action Review (AAR) that allows for the review of the exercise for corrective training purposes and safety briefings. An emergency response plan, re-created digitally, will significantly reduce the amount of time, cost and effort required to assemble and execute table top ERP exercises.
ePlan-GIS Demo Supporting Directive 71
Features & Benefits
- Corporate Emergency Operations Center (CEOC) and Regional Emergency Operations Centre (REOC). Emergency response plan information is provided to CEOC and REOC personnel through simple on-screen menus or dash boards. Once this ERP information is provided, CEOC and REOC personnel must use it to interpret the actual situation at the incident, anticipate future events, and allocate resources appropriately. These menus/dash boards coordinate the activities of industry responders, emergency services, local authorities, Provincial Health Services, government departments and all agencies that have a key role in providing an effective response.
- Resource Management. All of the resources available for use during the ERP exercise are imported into the ePlan-GIS database as part of the ERP scenario creation process. As in real life, CEOC and REOC personnel must allocate and manage these resources during the course of the ERP exercise. The ePlan-GIS entities (people, vehicles, and equipment) consume resources (water, food, medical supplies, gasoline, etc.) and these must be resupplied or they will no longer function.
- ERP Validation. ePlan-GIS is a constructive simulation tool that implements and validates ERP plans. CEOC and REOC personnel operate within the same venue and with the same ERP resources as during an actual emergency. During the ERP implementation, problems are noted regarding the validation of the plan and these are highlighted through the After Action Review (ARR) feature allowing for corrective training purposes.
- Simple to Operate
The ePlan-GIS software was designed from the outset to be operated by staff with basic computer skills. Within two hours of instruction, CEOC and REOC personnel learn to operate the simulation stations (laptops) and on-screen menus/dash boards.
- Low Cost & Easy Maintenance
ePlan-GIS software operates on today’s laptops and doesn’t require expensive computer operating systems to run. Once data is entered into ePlan-GIS software it can be re-used on subsequent ERP plans. The database is created through simple to use forms and is easy to control and maintain.
©2003-2012 C4i Consultants Inc.. All rights reserved. Trademarks provided under license from C4i Consultants Inc.
Other product and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Errors and omissions excepted.
C4i Inc. materials are copyrighted. Please request permission to use software, images or text.